Leaderboard
728x15

Bowling my 200 game

Large Rectangle

A few nice animals games images I found:


Bowling my 200 game
animals games
Image by SchultzLabs
It's been quite a few years since I've been bowling without my kids. So, it was a bit odd to get out and bowl with a pitcher of beer at the alley.

I ended up driving south down 51, not really knowing where I was going, with a dead cellphone battery. When I was originally invited along, this place was described as being "down 51". In the last few seconds of juice on my battery, I was told it was in Belle Vernon -- which is a bit farther than just "down 51." Oh well.

It turns out that the guys I was meeting there had to make a side trip first, so after I found the place, I ended up hanging out for 45 minutes before they got there. That turned out to be a great thing actually.

While I was standing there against the wall, watching the Eagles-Saints game (Sat Jan 13), I recognized a face in the crowd of bowlers. It turned out to be an old fraternity brother of mine from CMU (STG, fka ZBT) -- I hadn't seen him about 15 years. So, we had a chance to chat a bit and get caught up.

After our crew finally arrived and got started, I had to go find a lane ball, since I didn't have my own ball and shoes with me. That turned out to be an even better thing. I've been saying for a while now that my ball (16lb) was just too heavy -- I really don't know what I was thinking when I got that thing.

So, armed with a lighter lane ball. I set off. My first game was a very typical one for me - 129. Then, somehow, the stars were in alignment, or something... Game 2 was an all-time best score for me (by at least 30 pins) and my first 200 game ever!
Game 3 was well back towards reality, but still much better than my usual third-game-with-tired-arm-from-too-heavy-ball score, and was a 155.

Suffice to say... I'll be leaving my own ball at home for next weekend's Bowling for Animals


But... I think I'll bring my own shoes though...

[photo credit: Paul]

Banner