Leaderboard
728x15

Recent Friend

Large Rectangle

Some cool animal friends images:


Recent Friend
animal friends
Image by CharlesLam
Happy to meet this recent friend again under better lights near my home. :D


Candy takes her bow...
animal friends
Image by squishband
Just like her sister Flossy, Candy has chosen the same method of departure. Some of you will remember it: www.flickr.com/photos/squishband/61375174/

I suppose it's fair to say that I was less surprised this time; but I'm much more upset.

In the three and a bit years since Flossy died, Candy came into her own. I started to understand her unusual way of communicating and to really enjoy her quiet ever-present company.

I shall lay her out on the hill as I did her sister. I shall miss her bitterly.

In a way that I couldn't have anticipated, she has been a true friend.

My companion.


20070325-26 - Catcha the raccoon - 116-1686 - Carolyn is getting ready to release our friend
animal friends
Image by Rev. Xanatos Satanicos Bombasticos (ClintJCL)
Carolyn read the directions on how to release the raccoon, which said to open the door, and then take a stick and prop it open (because it wont leave while you're right at the door, and it's a wild animal that you don't want direct contact with). Carolyn didn't even have to use the stick (which Clint would have made her hold for self-defense purposes either way), because the raccoon was friendly, and exited

Carolyn.
raccoon, raccoon trap, stick.

park, Annandale, Virginia.

March 26, 2007.


... Read my blog at http://ClintJCL.wordpress.com.
... Read Carolyn's blog at http://CarolynCASL.wordpress.com.



YouTube video of his release:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh66lzA3TRU

Banner