Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Names For Animals photos

Large Rectangle

Check out these names for animals images:


Dreamtime series: No.7
names for animals
Image by TomOnTheRoof
The Quokka. Quokkas are the size of a cat and like kangaroos have a pouch. Their natural habitat is restricted to a small part of Western Australia. The Dutch who in the 17th century arrived in Australia mistook them for rats and named the island where they live "Rottnest", meaning the "rat nest". I was so lucky to see these fascinating creatures on that wonderful island on the Indian Ocean!


BUMBLE BEE QUEEN
names for animals
Image by Fool-On-The-Hill
A Queen "Orange Bellied"(my name) Bumble Bee. I have been seeing a lot of these lately. These are the very large spring Queens looking for a place to start a hive. Bumble Bees are nice and I have never been stung, despite my habit of petting them. I did once rake a nest on accident and they came after me, but I ran away very fast and didn't get stung.

Banner