Leaderboard
728x15

Ivory Walruses

Large Rectangle

A few nice animal movie images I found:


Ivory Walruses
animal movie
Image by AlaskaTeacher
Color of the Week: Ivory

February 5, 2008

These walruses were carved by Randall Jones (we call him Bidoo). He is one of my very favorite carvers in Shishmaref. I bought these two walruses (walri?) last fall.

One of the things I love the best about Bidoo's carvings is the amazing detail. His pieces are always very exact.

I've built up quite an ivory collection since living in Shishmaref. I didn't buy much our first year because I was uncomfortable knowing what was a quality piece and a fair price. Now that I've been around a little longer I know what to look for.

Steve always grumbles when I put down a good chunk of change for a piece of ivory. He always translates the price into the number of games or movies he could have bought. I promised him that the ivory will maintain its value for a long time. Games and movies only depreciate (unless they're in mint condition, which ours are NOT). :)


"Matrix" birds
animal movie
Image by dormousie
Will said these birds reminded him of the twins from the Matrix movies

Banner