Leaderboard
728x15

RIP Shamrock, a stray bully dog that did not survive...

Large Rectangle

Some cool names for animals images:


RIP Shamrock, a stray bully dog that did not survive...
names for animals
Image by Beverly & Pack
My Name Was Shamrock

My name was Shamrock.
You never knew me but I existed.
I may have been a family pet at one time.
Discarded like last years Christmas present after the new wore off.
I may have been someones symbol of macho manhood.
Fighting in a bloody pit hidden in a garage.
I may have been the dog digging through your trash,
that you cursed and threw rocks at.
How many of you looked at me
and turned your head away
not wanting to see the ugliness of my abuse and neglect.
Had you looked at me , into my eyes,
Oh what you may have seen and learned.
I had love and companionship to give, kisses to share,

feelings .....
and many many wags of the tail that I rarely got to use.
I became resigned to the fact that the life I was living
was just the cards I been dealt.
Thin, dirty, sick, and not by any fault of mine,
a breed people happen to fear and loath.
One day , as I lie alone and close to death I saw a glimps of life,
the way it should have been for me.
A gentle hand with the touch of an angel stroked my filthy fur.

I heard a gentle voice tell me that I was worthy of love,
and there was a better life to be had.
I was taken to a place where people were not afraid of me.
I was given the name Shamrock , for luck.
Oh how I wish these people could have found me sooner.
I wanted so much to experience this life.
I tried so hard to regain the vigor and hope I once had.
I tried , but it was just to late.
I know you did all you could for me.
The last days of my life made up for the horror I had
experienced.
I wanted you to know...
my crossing was peaceful. Thanks to you.
I left feeling loved , warm and safe
Not to bad for a mangy, skinny dog with no name.
My name was Shamrock.

-auther unknown, shared by photographer Rebecca Snook Young


Note: Shamrock: a stray picked up by the shelter, severely emaciated and anemic. Donations were made but we were too late.....Shamrock had to be euthanized.


animalshorse
names for animals
Image by galina75
This photo was also taken at Bowen Park. I really love horses, and these little guys-miniatures-seemed so peaceful and sweet.

If you want to use this image please provide my name and a link to my site, New View (http://www.nuvunow.ca) underneath, because it will help bring people to my website, which strives to create health and happiness for people and animals.


Cheery pilot and observer with their mascot pup ready for a flight over the German lines
names for animals
Image by National Library of Scotland
Pilot and observer inside the cockpit of a two-man biplane, in France, during World War I. Holding up the regimental mascot of a pet dog and with big smiles on their faces, a pilot and an observer are pictured before setting out on a journey over enemy lines. Note the old-fashioned flying helmets and goggles that both men are wearing. The machine-gun fixed beside the rear cockpit has a swivel attachment on it, so that it can provide the plane with all-round firepower.

During 'the war to end all wars', an aerial battle between two or more aeroplanes was called a 'dogfight '. At the start of the conflict, fighter planes had two seats, with the pilot sitting in the front cockpit and a gunner-cum-observer occupying the rear cockpit. As the war continued, however, single-pilot aircraft became more prevalent, since these planes were clearly more effective during a 'dogfight'. During a 'dogfight ', pilots used cloud cover as an aerial form of camouflage, and often swooped down on their prey from out of the sun.

[Original reads: 'OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN ON THE BRITISH WESTERN FRONT IN FRANCE. A cheery pilot and observer with their mascot pup ready for a flight over the German lines.']

digital.nls.uk/74549010

Banner