Leaderboard
728x15

How she died

Large Rectangle

Some cool all about animals images:


How she died
all about animals
Image by Ninithedreamer
People keep asking how Bella died.
I still am not certain how it could've happened.
She was playing on this luggage roller thingy I have which I hadn't had a chance to put away after my last grocery trip Wednesday. Bella was always climbing and falling off of things. I wasn't worried about that. It was securely angled against the wall so honestly, I didn't think twice about it. If anything, I figured it would roll out from under her and she'd fall on top.
I was on Flickr checking pictures. There's a dresser that divides where my laptop/work space is and the kitchen area in my studio apartment. Things had gotten silent and I figured she'd gone to sleep someplace so got up to find her so that Squeaky could have a turn out.
This luggage roller thing somehow fell over squishing her underneath. It broke her back and the top most bar was resting on her throat when I found her. I never even heard it fall!!!
I walked around the divider and saw her and began to run screaming....
It's a nightmare I can't see to wake up from.


No, you walk round me!
all about animals
Image by blinkingidiot
One from the archives: a Galapagos lizard.

Looking back, the truly amazing thing about all the wildlife there is that the normal roles are reversed: they expect you to walk around them. This is even true of the lizards! I vividly remember standing two feet from a Blue-footed Booby and trying to get it to look at the camera. Kicking the ground and even coughing loudly failed to produce a result. Eventually I walked off, reminded of my utter insignificance.
www.cameralenscompare.com/badge1.aspx

Banner